Thursday, December 6, 2012

Decking the Halls, Den {Christmas 2012}

 

Let’s get on with the tour…

Today, please enter the den in the rear of the home.

Here is how the den looks in its seasonal glory.

photo_1 16

On the coffee table are three pewter revere bowls filled with pomegranates & antler sheds, seashells, and gold gilded acorns. The oyster shell hurricane crafted by moi features a seasonal candle. Two John Derian small letter plates in R & J along with a Laura Wilder New Orleans tray with remotes round out the coffee table display.

5

The sofa features two red pillows with antler motifs.

8

On the sofa table is a forest of silvery glittered trees surrounding my concrete clam shell filled with pine greens and more glittered pomegranates. Yes! The pomegranates are my faves.

9 11 10

The fireplace too is set for holiday celebrations. A garland and wreath of gold gilded bay leaves work perfectly around the fireplace. The wreath is filled with more pomegranates and grape clusters.

3 4

The burlap ribbon that I purchased earlier this season is tied in bows in each corner.

13

Two burlap stockings from Mudpie at Whimsy on Magazine hang on each end.

The fireplace features a stack of birch logs and flickering flame lights. I just love the flickering of the lights when a fire is not on. Two glittered trees sit on the granite hearth.

12 14

And last but certainly not least is the 10 foot tree. The tree is decked in many of J and I’s favorite ornaments which I will share in a future blog. The tree is decorated in traditional gold, silver, red, and green. I always prefer the classic colors of Christmas, and the red goes so well with my accessories in the den.

photo_3 photo_4 photo_5 1

Beneath the tree are boxes from my favorite stores--- B.D. Jeffries, Boxwoods, Acorns (Highlands, N.C.), and Perlis. I hate a “naked” tree, so I keep my favorite boxes from year to year.

2

I hope you are having a great holiday season. I sure am.

Are you finished decorating?

 15

I have two holiday parties here and a photo shoot, so I am sure that tweaks will be performed constantly.

Linking to:

Feathered Nest Friday

Make It Pretty Monday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Dixie & Dottie

christmasbutton1

Check out my other Christmas home tour posts:

Christmas Facade

Christmas Facade at Night

Parlor

Stair Parlor

Dining Room

Decking the den, y’all!

26 comments:

  1. so much fun to see--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your den looks gorgeous, Ron! So nice to see all the Christmas reds and greens. What a festive room!
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ron, I love this room! Fabulous decor! I would never want to leave! Everything is so festive and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply adore those pomegranates, and I love how you decorated the fireplace! In fact, I love everything that you did in the den--definitely a festive room! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pelican is such a whimsical surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully warm and cozy room. Your attention to detail is impeccable, Ron. I am happy that you and J have a lovely home to share! I too LOVE the pelican! Hugs, Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fireplace garland and wreath and I adore those pomegranates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magazine-worthy room for sure. It is warm and inviting. I like red as your accent color. Many people are going with tone-on-tones these days, and you just know that will be so passe' in a couple years. I appreciate your classic design sense, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, where do I start? It's all gorgeous! I love how you styled your sofa and the clam shell filled with glittered pomegranites and greenery behind it. Love that enormous tree too. Looks like a professional did it! Your mantel is decked out so cute with the ribbon and stockings. I prefer a tree with presents under it too. I like how you reused some of your favorite boxes to fill in until the real gifts go under! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a master! I'm so glad I found your blog. Everything is magnificent! The flickering lights in the fireplace??? Wonderful!!! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Ron. I am done... but you know how it is... tweaking is a MUST until Christmas Day. Supposed to have an open house, but I am not too sure about it as yet.
    Hahahhaa... luv the box idea. I do the same.. I have silver covered boxes that I wrapped and decorated a few years ago under one of ours as well.
    Cheers, Gee
    PS... pop on over and see my mantel. Tress coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love everything! The burlap ribbon and stockings I want! I love all the pretties on the coffee table especially the oyster shells. I'm definitely going to get some of those. The tree is beautiful and the box idea is brilliant! Naked trees are just wrong! Loved the tour! Fun post Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't imagine that you'll need to change a thing for the photo shoot. Your home looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this room!! Love the mantel and your gorgeous tree! Beautiful as always Ron! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! You have an amazing blog & I really enjoy reading it. You're so creative. Can you please tell me where you purchased the lovely pillows w/antler motifs. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a glorious room! It's just beautiful and I love all of your decorating. What a lovely window too behind your sofa. The tree is gorgeous too. I know it would be such a treat to see it all in person.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your decorations are beautiful! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ron, your seasonal glory is lovely, and by the way I REALLY like the ribbon choice for the mantle cape!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ron, this is such a warm and comforting room in which to relax. Enjoy your Christmas. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love the room. Beautiful tree and the pillows are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this room. That heron picture is great. I have a real one out in my pond everyday now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Found your blog through Nana Diana-my favorite beautiful inside and outside crazy blonde.
    Such beautiful photos-I must admit the pelican and the antler pillows are my wonderful favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! I love Diana. I feel like I know her. I am certain we would have fun. xo

      Delete
  23. I love your christmas decor, but what really caught my eye and made me check out your blog, was the painting of the heron and that little pillow in the black chair, is that a duck? any way everything looks beautiful!
    IDO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, IDO. The bird is a pelican. I am happy you love it. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram