Monday, November 26, 2012

Decking the Halls, Front Facade {Christmas 2012}

 

Can I tell you? I LOVE the Christmas season, and I LOVE Christmas decorating and decorations. Over the next couple weeks, I will show you my home decked out in its red, green, gold, and silver best.

8

Let’s start from the street on this beautiful day.

photo_3 photo_2

I would love to use real greenery on the outside, but temperatures here are too high and the real stuff dries out too quickly. J & I invested in some great mixed green garlands when we moved in our new Atlanta home in 2004. The garlands and wreaths are from Flora Dora, an Atlanta floral destination. I am still using these high quality garlands and wreaths today.

photo_4

Each door is surrounded by garlands laced with vintage white C9 bulbs and smaller white lights. I adore vintage lighting for Christmas. Bows of red and gold are wired to each corner. A fir wreath is complete with gold branches, red berries, and festive ribbons.

photo_5 4 5 6

The windows feature a mixed green swag.

3

On the center wall is my favorite custom-made oyster wreath. I simply added ribbon, greenery, and red berries. I think this wreath says Southern loud and clear. I love the way it turned out.

2

Small green trees fill the black cast iron urns. Two large ornament balls are placed in smaller urns on the tenant’s side.

11 12

Yep! That’s me in the shiny red orb.

The upper balcony is festooned with more green garland and wreaths. I love how the railings look from the street.

photo_2

The large wreath in the center makes a great statement.

13

Each window features more mixed green swags complete with red velvet bows.

14 15

I will share my night time pictures with you in a later blog post.

Sharing at:

Make It Pretty Monday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Dixie & Dottie

christmasbutton1

Decking the facade, y’all!

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It looks like you should be on the holiday house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks SO festive and great! Love the wreaths and garland. Getting my decorations out today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Ron!! I love the draped garland and wreaths on your upstairs porch! When it comes to Christmas decor I'm a traditional girl at heart too, red, green, & gold!
    Can't wait to see the night shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, finally! It still amazes me how you have to haul all of that down from the third floor loft! Everything is picture perfect--classy and beautiful. Can't wait to see the night-time pics and the blogs when you open the front door and let us into you and J's beautiful home! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorg, my friend. anxiously awaiting MORE :-) (our favorite word, no?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree that Ron's work is gorgeous. I want to be invited to one of his fabulous parties. Being from Montana, the trip would be fun. JMT

      Delete
    2. I always say, "MORE is more!" I am glad YOU agree.

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful! Love the oyster shell wreath. It is amazing!Can't wait to see the night time pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is gorgeous and I love how festive it looks with the garland and wreaths. You're inspiring me to do the same to my home. It's such a job though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Ron. This is simply gorgeous and magazine worthy. I am in awe of your talents and style. Your features and photos make my mornings or in your words, "coffee tawwwk". LOL. Happy Holidays. xo, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your oyster wreath! Your house looks stunning. If my hubs and I were driving down the street and I saw your house, I would make him stop the car so I can take some photos! Charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does not get much better than this. I wished I lived closer. You, my friend, are an inspiration. Time for me to decorate. Nancy W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Ron, this is fabulous! You have done an amazing job! I can only imagine how fabulous it is to see in person! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous! I would love to drive up to that every day after work! My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend in New Orleans and I can't wait to check out the homes in the Garden District all decked out for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tenants must love you! They get to have a gorgeously decorated home without lifting a finger. Love everything and your greenery is perfect, if you hadn't said differently I would have sworn it was real. Also....love the red ribbon with the gold cross hatching, adds a masculine touch while also adding some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ron, your home definitely has street appeal! I adore that front porch and the balcony all across the front. Obviously it looks fantastic all the time, but dressed for the holidays it is awesome. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lucky you are to have such a beautiful home! I am, now, anew follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Ron. I can't wait to see the inside decorations. Without a doubt your home is gorgeous in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am there with you, I LOOOOOVE Christmas! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ron, your home is so beautiful and welcoming. Can't wait to see the interior decorations!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty decorations. Very traditional and fits in so well with your house! I, too, love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I am so impressed, this is gorgeous. I love it all. Such beautiful garland and wreaths. Absolutely perfect. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and so festive and so southern. I love it!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your choice of the red and gold ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous ! love all the garlands on the doors and porch !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy Flip! Just Gorgeous!! You will be one of the features tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button. Hope to see your handsomeness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it in the daytime too!!! I am your newest follower. Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dear, dear, dear. I just said I need to take a run over to N.O. during the next few weeks to see beautiful sights like your house! It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Visiting from Coastal Charm....
    I love the feature. You have an amazing home. The decor is festive and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So impressive. How I would love to sit on that balcony and spit hot chocolate. Sigh, your house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram