Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ma Maison…the Kitchen

 

Continuing the home tour…

Today, the tour will focus on the kitchen. Though it is ample in overall size and great for entertaining, I find the cabinets and mismatched appliances to be quite sub par. The kitchen is long overdue for a redo. Imagine cypress cabinets to the ceiling. {Dream!} I had gotten quite used to the newness of my Atlanta kitchen, and I think that’s the biggest problem. When you build and get used to a new home, all of the imperfections of an older home(though charming) are hard to forgive.

Since the walls were all ready white as were the cabinets, I decided to keep the room mainly with a clean black & white scheme. I often add seasonal pops of red or yellow.

19

The kitchen does contain a lot of storage and cabinet space. The one thing it is missing is a pantry. A pantry would certainly be helpful. If I would have designed the present kitchen myself, I would have relocated the washer and dryer to the upstairs master bath and used the space downstairs as an ample pantry.

I have worked with what existed when we moved in back in 2008.

Pros:

  • Ample size
  • Clean
  • Adequate storage
  • Granite countertops

Cons:

  • View from island to den partially blocked
  • Lack of pantry
  • Sub par cabinets & mismatched appliances

View from the den

1

Island

5

  • Apothecary jars filled with wine corks
  • Oysteria large bowl

Atop cabinets

6

17

18

7

Backsplash

10

  • Collection of framed, signed ink South Louisiana iconic drawings by Martin Benoit

Atop countertops

4

3

11

13

Cafe Curtains

12

Bar

15

16

Art

8

20

  • Large Harlequin Fleur de Lis “Les Trois Roi” painting
  • Collection of Mr. B’s Bistro framed menus

Post

14

22

  • Chalkboard painted (useful for menus, lists, and sayings)
  • Post inset-Serving trays from Vagabond House & Silver wine chiller
  • Oysteria plates
  • Framed Broussard’s Restaurant menu

I hope you enjoyed this tour of our kitchen. Stay tuned for my series of room tours.

You can view Ma Maison Room Tours by clicking on the following:

Tour the kitchen, y’all!

 

Join me at:

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

No Minimalist Here for Open House Thursdays

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Fridays

You’re Talking Too Much for Meet Me Mondays

Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesdays

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by going from brand new construction to an older home but I have a feeling you'll get to the redo sooner than later. My immediate thought is that it comes across as very comfortable and inviting and is just loaded with charm and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oyster plates. I've never seen any like them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great collection of nice things in your kitchen! Coming over from WOW us Wed. I am such a RL fan, too...following your Pinterest board! Love the bread box, the antler ware, the silver trophy/pitcher lamp...Miss our Plantation Shop (stools) in Charlotte...was my favorite store! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you want to redo this, but I would kill to have it. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron, your Oysteria collection is so pretty! And, my eye was immediately drawn to the pewter fleur de lis platters. Those are awesome! Love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your collection of oyster dishes is unreal. Beautifully accessorized. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously...I covet your bread box! In fact, I'll just go ahead and say it...I want your whole dang kitchen. WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kitchen Ron, everyone is loving your Oyster dish collection, I notices a piece of it in your entry parlor with the jester standing beside it. Your house is so beautiful decorated with such a southern look, love it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram