Sunday, March 25, 2012

More Love for Oysters.....


From past posts, you know I am in love with all things oyster. To me the mollusk is a symbol of Southern coastal living.

Upon one of my Uptown walks, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely oyster-topped tureen in the window of dk Clay, located just 3 or 4 blocks from my home. The tureen, glazed white pottery topped with three realistic oyster shells, stopped me in my tracks. I had to know more, but since it was a Sunday the shop was closed and the phone number I goggled was no longer working. A couple days went by, and I spied an “open” sign on the door. I hurried in and began what would be a lovely relationship with more oyster inspired serveware and accessories.
I worked closely with dk clay owner, Debbie Kraemer, to create coffee mugs, soup bowls, and more. And I just had to have my own custom soup tureen.

So, my orders were placed, and I waited impatiently several weeks until all were complete. Just last week, I was able to pick up several of the newest custom pieces to add to my vast serveware collections.
Here are the custom oyster pieces created just for me. Check out how DK placed the oyster shell on the mugs and soup bowls. It is a perfect placement for my thumb.











And by the way, I placed another order for cereal & pasta bowls. The waiting continues….
Shuck ‘em again, y’all!

10 comments:

  1. I love these pieces! Might have to get one of those coffee mugs to drink my morning Community Coffee in while I read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pieces! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job helping to design these. I love them! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic. Those soup bowls would be perfect to serve my Christmas Eve oyster stew in. Can't wait to visit dk Clay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying over that tureen!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AMAZING!!! Great job!

    -Michael and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ron these pieces are wonderful. I am in love with your tureen and the mugs and soup bowls are to die for. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need all of these for my new camp, brother! xoxoxo Colette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have to special order these? Love these and your blog! Look forward to your posts each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel- Call Debbie directly at dk clay, New Orleans.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram