Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oyster Shell urns

 

I was elated over the moon when I walked into Abode on Veterans Boulevard in Metairie (a suburb of New Orleans) recently. I ran in to pick up a birthday gift for my sister and low and behold, I spotted one of these treasures on a gorgeous chest. I immediately grabbed it and paid for it not thinking that there were two.

4

As I was walking out of the shop, there it was, #2. Hallelujah! Skies open! Little things like this make me so happy. I love symmetry and knew each would look perfect on the parlor mantle.

17

18

I added two preserved boxwood spheres that I purchased from Orient Expressed on Magazine Street, and the rest is history. I cannot tell you how many compliments I have received since purchasing these containers. They are and will be so versatile. I know they will be around for a long time.

1

2

The rim of each urn is bordered in small shell, and each is made of capiz shell.

19

3

Do not forget about the April contest.

To enter the contest to be eligible for the Give Away, you must:

1. Comment on the blog post

2. Become a follower of this blog through Google Connect or Linky Followers

3. “Like” Uptown Acorn of facebook

The contest is open to residents of the continental United States only.

The contest will end at 6:00 PM on Saturday, April 20.

Linking to:

Wow Us Wednesday

Oyster Shell containers, y’all!

11 comments:

  1. Those look excellent! Their size is great and the preserved boxwoods look perfect in them. You've created a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! I noticed them right away in your earlier blog on the boxwood orbs. They are absolutely gorgeous not only on the outside but also on the inside. What a perfect addition to your continuous oyster shell collection. The boxwood orbs look like they were made for the urns! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your oyster shell containers are just gorgeous, a real feature. I like the orb on the metal cake stand because it's an unexpected contrast with all your more traditional, classic pieces. It caught my eye because at first I thought it was pewter and I love pewter.
    Enjoy it either way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing, Ron. I love how you pull everything together. You have a lot of talent- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Ron. I had noticed them when you spotlighted the boxwood orbs. Wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! And you found the perfect spot to put them!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously!!?? Those are some buckets of goodness! You have all the luck! They should be on my mantle! Rock on Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have brought up a very excellent points
    , appreciate it for the post.

    my blog post ... twitter password reset

    ReplyDelete
  9. Normally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, very nice post.

    my weblog youtube software

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram