Monday, March 3, 2014

Mardi Gras Weekend 2014

 

After a two-day hiatus enjoying my guests and parades, I am back with you again to report that this past weekend was one of the most beautiful weekends for parades. The weather was absolutely “Chamber of Commerce” perfect.

Me

J and I spent Saturday and Sunday with neighbors and friends catching beads, sharing conversation, and eating and drinking a lil too much. Thank the good Lord that Mardi Gras comes only once a year, except for us on the parade route it comes for two whole weeks.

Here are some shots from the weekend. Thanks to Lori, Matt, Mari Ann, and Marty for the photography.

cake balls

catching beads

friends

gang

jeff and ron

lil rain

mari ann and marie

marty gary

paula

saturday

trio hats

us

Happy Lundi Gras!

Mardi Gras Weekend, y’all!

9 comments:

  1. Love all the pics and looks like fun was had by all. XOXO HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron, It looks like you and J are enjoying Mardi Gras! That's one of the many benefits of living in New Orleans. Take care.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! Glad you had beautiful weather. We were in Texas visiting our youngest and the weather was gorgeous until yesterday. They now have ice!! CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Once again, I'm super jealous! My sister is getting married in Nola in May, so now I can look forward to my next visit there. P.S. Love your 'Let them eat King Cake' tee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to see all of your photos of the big weekend. Glad that you had good weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like great fun! I love the cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time! Great pics. Happy Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras tomorrow. Spending quality time with my dad and some of my family tomorrow--no parades--just family time. Cheers to you and J! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT pictures and what a great time you all had! Love it, Ron. Enjoy your week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! The photos are wonderful and yes, perfect weather. It was gorgeous here Fri & Sat and then Sunday back to freezing rain, sleet, snow and 16F by sundown. 0 wind chill Monday morning when I had to walk my dog. That was rough!

    Thanks for sharing your fun with all of us.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram