Saturday, October 12, 2013

Savannah & Amelia Island {Fall Break 2013}


Let’s take a little break from my Halloween posts as we are back!
J & I had a wonderful time. We ate, drank, and shopped our way through two of my favorite destinations, Savannah, GA and Amelia Island, FL. When J & I lived in Atlanta, we would frequent both cities annually. Since moving to NOLA in 2008, we have been to Savannah only once. The visit was well overdue.
DSCI1236
We left last Thursday and arrived in Savannah to visit our BFFs Michael & Joey. We stayed in their lovely condo in the heart of the Design District off Whitaker Street.
condo
The view from the condo:
DSCI1215
DSCI1210
Of course, we came bearing hosts gifts.
joey
DSCI1211
DSCI1212
DSCI1213
ron and jeff
All of my favorite restaurants, bars, and shops were in walking distance. I love a walkable city.
Love this doorway in the neighborhood.
DSCI1277
DSCI1278
DSCI1279
DSCI1280
DSCI1283
DSCI1235
DSCI1284
DSCI1285
We stayed in Savannah through Sunday and rented a car to vacation in our other fave Amelia Island (just a couple hours away) for a few days.
rental car
dunes club
dunes club2
our view 2
I will be sharing with you my favorite restaurants, bars, and shops in both locales. I hope you enjoy my upcoming posts in two of my favorite destinations.
STAY TUNED for my tours of my best of Savannah & Amelia Island…
If you have not visited either city, please put them on your “bucket list”.
My fave cities, y’all!

11 comments:

  1. Both places are on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing with us! I'm looking forward to your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Savannah. Haven't made a trip to Amelia Island yet, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent about 20 minutes going over the photos! Breathtaking!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely ever post, but do want to say I LOVE your blog. And, I do want to see pics of this house you stayed in! Looks divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to either Savannah or Amelia Island, so they are now both on my bucket list. If Noby would ever get well, I would take him with me to Savannah. I guess I'll have to find someone else to go with. Looking forward to your future posts. Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping to stop over in Savannah next Spring on the way to a work conference with the Hubby. It looks beautiful there & we've never been.

    We honeymooned in Amelia Island. The formal dining room at the Amelia Island Plantation served the best crab cakes Hubby & I have ever had. We dined there on the 4th of July and watched fireworks over the water. Great memories:)



    ReplyDelete
  7. Both on my list, too! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ron, sounds like a wonderful getaway. I live 40 minutes from Savannah and visit quite often. Never have been to Amelia yet.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cities! The photos are beautiful ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. The outside of that condo where you were staying looks like it needs some updating. The inside looks quite modern from what I can see. It looks like it is not in a great part of town. Your thoughts??? Glad you and J had some fun. I know how much the 2 of you love Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Savannah and haven't been in years. There's something about red doors that are amazing. Great photos,can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram