Wednesday, October 17, 2012

SPOOKtacular Carved Pumpkins {Southern Living}

 

Do you carve pumpkins? I have not carved a pumpkin for years as I prefer to keep mine in tact for the entire Fall season.

fun-pumpkin-eyes-l

Southern Living online recently shared pictures of spooky, elegant, and jolly pumpkins.

Take a look at these masterfully carved pumpkins.

cookie-cutter-pumpkins-l exacto-pumpkin-l flower-pumpkin-l friendly-face-pumpkin-l ghost-pumpkin-l jolly-pumpkin-l kitty-pumpkin-l leaves-pumpkin-etch-l no-evil-pumpkins-l nose-hair-pumpkin-l polynesian-pumpkin-l pumpkin-luminaries-l pumpkin-tiger-eyes-l pumpkin-topiary-l skeleton-pumpkin-l spooky-castle-pumpkin-l spooky-word-pumpkin-l starry-night-pumpkin-l tux-pumpkin-l

I love how this pumpkin is used as a beer, wine, or champagne cooler. What a clever idea.

pumpkin-cooler-l

I love this wreath. Check out more Halloween wreaths: click HERE!

pumpkin-wreath-l

What an awesome window box! Gotta do this in the future.

pot-pumpkins-l

This one is for my BFF Casey! He has Charleston on his mind.

south-carolina-pumpkin-l

Do you have a favorite?

Check out Southern Living online: click HERE!

Carved pumpkins, y’all!

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, Ron! I'm back in LA and enjoying my first cup of CC in my beloved oyster coffee mug since last Wednesday and reading your blog--:) Even though I read it everyday while in CA, it just wasn't the same without my CC in my favorite mug! ;) Anyway, I love the pumpkin carvings--saw the Pumpkin Carving Wars on Food Network last weekend--always amazing. I think my favorite one in your blog is the Starry Night one, because that is on of my favorite paintings! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, Such creativity! I love to see all these pumpkins and designs together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of creative pumpkins here! I carved an intricate pattern once and found it to be a lot of work! Now, I also prefer to keep them in tact. Nice stopping by to visit!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you Ron in that I choose not to carve my pumpkins either. That way they last through Thanksgiving. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the creativity of others. These pumpkins are amazing! I love the window box too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! When I do choose to carve, I only cut through the top layer and scrape it off so it leaves the yellow pulp show through. Stays longer that way. Happy Fall!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram