Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jasmine in my Mind.....Confederate Jasmine, that is!

Take a walk with me Uptown. The smells of the jasmine and gardenia at this time of year are intoxicating. Whether growing on a fence, trained in manicured Xs on a fence or brick wall, trailing up a light post, or cascading from majestic urns, Confederate Jasmine in full bloom is certainly a show stopper. I wish someone could invent “smell-a-blog” so that I could share the wonderful aroma of this easy to grow New Orleans staple.




The Confederate Jasmine (Jasminoides) is generally described as a perennial vine. Its most active growth period occurs in the spring and summer. The Confederate Jasmine (Jasminoides) has dark green foliage and white flowers that smell amazing. Leaves are retained year to year. The Confederate Jasmine has a long life span relative to most other plant species and a rapid growth rate.



The Confederate Jasmine is easily found in nurseries, garden stores and other plant dealers and distributors. It can be propagated by bare root, container, cuttings. Confederate Jasmine is easy to grow and maintain with simple pruning.


Is jasmine in your mind, y’all?
Join me at:
for Wow Us Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a smell-a-blog, too! I'm going to light my Low Country Luxe New Orleans candle today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jasmine corridor on our street!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram