Friday, April 13, 2012

French Quarter Fest 2012


BFFs Michael & Joey (from the ATL) and Richard (from San Fran) arrived yesterday. They will be staying with J & I through Sunday for French Quarter Festival.  I plan on taking in the sights and sounds of all that this year’s French Quarter Festival has to offer. I plan on eating, drinking, shopping, gossiping, dancing, and soaking some rays. And I plan on having lots of “parlor time” with my guests.
French Quarter Festival has become one of New Orleans premier festivals.


Here are some interesting facts about the FQF (http://www.fqfi.org/about.html ):
·        FQF celebrates its 29th anniversary in 2012
·        FQF was first produced in 1984 as a way of bringing residents back to the Quarter
·        FQF is the largest, FREE music festival in the South
·        18 or more stages throughout the Quarter celebrate local music and represent every genre
·        Attendance is well over 500,000 people
·        FQF has consistently been voted “favorite festival” by locals (and I agree)
Here are various pics from past FQFs:







See y’all at the Fest!



1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram