Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mardi Gras Ceramic Serveware, Oh My!

     Every Mardi Gras season, I eagerly await using my vast collection of Mardi Gras-inspired ceramic platters, bowls, chip & dips, and plates. I have been collecting these unique pieces since the early 1990s. Most were purchased from two of my favorite Thibodaux shoppes, House of Fashion and Old Estate way back when.
     There is no secret that I love Mardi Gras, so collecting Carnival-inspired serveware is a task I do not take lightly. I can never have just ONE (Right, J?).

Vast collection of Vicki Carroll ceramic serveware

     Many of my collection pieces are by ceramic artist, Vicki Carroll. Her studio consists of "a diverse and lively gathering of hand painted and decorative accessories that can enhance your own personal style".
     Here are pieces of my Mardi Gras serveware collection:

Large round platter

Large oval platter...perfect for king cakes


Chip & Dip


Square platter



Notice the chip=well used!

     Recently, I also discovered a few pieces by local ceramic artist Debbie Kraemer of dk clay which is located Uptown. Check back soon as I will devote a future blog to her original work. I find her work to be classic and so well made. Stay tuned!
     Here are a few pieces by DK that I have purchased recently:





     Living just a block off the famous Uptown parade route, I am so enthused to be able to use such spirited serveware. I have used my collection for many years from Atlanta to NOLA, and I hope to for many Mardi Gras seasons to come.


My Atlanta Mardi Gras

Custom Fleur de lis cookies...McIntyre's Bakery, Smyrna, GA

Roasted red pepper dip & veggies

Fiesta dip & pretzel sticks

King cake

Pepper jelly made by Honey

Crawfish popcorn bites by the Big Easy Grill, Atlanta

     And even better, these pieces are oven and dishwasher safe. Easy use, easy clean-up = Happy me!


My Atlanta tablescape


Happy Serving, y'all!

     And on further note, Happy Birthday to BFF LK !!! Cheers to a great friend who calls me Rondella. Yes! Add that to my list of nicknames on my blog, The Acorn...A to Z


Lori in her Mardi Gras headpiece...LOL!

Cheers, Lori!

5 comments:

  1. Love your serving pieces, Ron! Happy Mardi Gras! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Now I'm full of ideas, but I'm afraid my children would destroy half of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you interested in buying more Vicki Carroll Mardi Gras pieces? We have a set if you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure email me pictures and prices, Quia. uptownacorn@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource... home decor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting @ The Uptown Acorn! I love hearing from you. Cheers, y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Uptown Acorn on Instagram